I typically purchase a new SCUBA regulator every few years. When I first started SCUBA, I purchased an Atomic Aquatics Regulator with a B1 first stage. Thus fur that is by far the best regulator I have ever used. The down fall is that it was quite expensive to service. In my opinion, the quality and performance out weights the cost of servicing it. I recently picked up a new Atomic T2X. I can’t wait to start using it. I am going to try and test it out in the pool during a training session. If things work out, I will head down to Beaver Lake with Adventure Sports and do a deep dive with it before heading to my next SCUBA trip in Dominica. I always support the local SCUBA shops in my area. So I purchased this locally from Skin-n-Scuba in Kansas City.
Here is some information on my new regulator.
- First stage components precision-machined from solid bar
Titanium that is lightweight and corrosion-free
- Atomic Jet Seat high-flow piston first stage
- Freeze protected factory-sealed first stage also prevents contamination such as silt and sand
- Nitrox ready for dedicated EAN use with mixtures up to 40%
- New T2x for non-dedicated EAN use with mixtures up to 40%
- First stage ports: 2 HP fixed / 5 LP on swivel cap
- Patented Atomic “Seat Saving” Orifice (Titanium)
- Patented Atomic Automatic Flow Control (AFC)
- Rapid adjustment knob for manual second stage de-tuning in special situations
- All-Titanium Atomic Comfort Swivel standard on all T2x regulators
- A new high-flow second stage case and magnum lever design that significantly lowers breathing effort at any depth from shallow water to beyond the limits
- Dual material second stage cover enables entire front to be used for purge
- Dual silicone comfort fit mouthpiece with tear-resistant bite tabs
- Metal-accented front cover ring, adjustment knob, and AFC cover
- Deluxe padded travel bag
- 2 year / 300 dive service interval
- Limited Lifetime Warranty – not contingent on proof of service
- Combined weight of the Atomic T2x First & Second Stage is under 2 lbs.